Oh, the produce! I have so many summer favorites. And I mostly eat plants, because it’s too hot to eat anything else.
- Peach Caprese Salad – a little spin on the traditional. Bonus points if you fire up the grill just to grill the peaches first.
- Vegetable pancakes – good for any meal of the day.
- Whether you want to call it the Inner Goddess Detox Salad or are willing to admit that you’re eating a large pile of fruit to avoid turning on anything heated, this is delicious.
- Send someone out to the grill with veggies on skewers. Stay inside and eat ice cream while you wait.
- Okay, fine. While you’re grilling, throw on some burgers and top with caramelized onions that you made in the crockpot.
I think Tamar Adler and I would cook well together (allow me my fantasies). Also, I would love to have worked at Chez Panisse. An Everlasting Meal is a book I wish I’d written. In it, she talks about the importance of building a cooking practice and minimizing waste.
The Art of Simple Food is another of my favorites from Alice Waters. She teaches her readers about stocking their kitchens for success in cooking simple, flavorful meals.