Maybe “fun” is pushing it, but I found things inspiring/entertaining/informative this week.
- Liberal redneck comedy – I have mixed feelings, as I do with most comedy. It’s hard to deliberately step on one toe and miss the others. For example, it’s apparently difficult to pigeonhole and ridicule people who aren’t in favor of transgender bathrooms without demeaning women’s bodies by calling said people “pussies.” It’s challenging to fight one stereotype by using other stereotypes. It’s hard to be funny when you have to be careful. But I recognize what they’re trying to do, and I support the effort. Maybe. We’ll see.
- The veterans at the Standing Rock celebration ceremony – I love this so much. Just watch/read.
- Ask the electors – The electoral college doesn’t have to play nice with decisions they consider to be bad. Do with that what you will.
- Speaking of people regretting decisions – Trumpgrets. You know what IS funny? People creating accidental humor by being themselves and the people who collect these gems. And recognizing a mistake when it’s too late to correct it…or is it (see #3)?
- The J. Peterman Catalog – I want to add this to my collection of things to read aloud at parties. Hilarious.
What have you enjoyed this week?