I always struggle to find a picture for Friday Five. So I made one. I don’t hate it.
I have been an emotional wreck lately. Just in case I thought I was going to busy my way into skipping my seasonal funk with a new job and a new place to live this year, my mind and body wanted me to know – nope. There it is. Late, but very present. Hi, funk. Can’t say that I’ve missed you.
But God bless the Internet. Here are my five favorite things from the intrawebs this week:
1. Luvvie’s commentary on Bush’s giddiness during the Battle Hymn of the Republic. I love this so much I had to read passages out loud to my coworkers. While cackling.
2. Those who follow my page on Facebook have already seen this one, but I like it so much I’m sharing it again. I wish I had written this – Why I am Skeptical of White Liberals in the Black Lives Matter Movement by Emma Lindsay. I especially like the line in the middle – “But wait! Not everything is hopeless shit, hold on.” That pretty much sums up my life philosophy.
3. Jessica Goudeau’s How to Become Woke is a great example of how to educate each other. It involves a good mix of practicality and learning to adopt a mindset that is conducive to change.
4. Stephen Colbert is ridiculous. He crashed the RNC in costume like he was hosting the Hungry for Power Games. I laughed and laughed.
5. And my favorite thing on the Internet this week – Michelle Obama sings carpool karaoke with James Corden and Missy Elliott. I know it’s a happy video, but I just started blubbering about halfway through. Don’t go. I miss you already.
What have you enjoyed this week?