This week and next are the last two weeks of the semester (praise the lord hallelujah amen). This is what my free time looks like:
- Cleaning to procrastinate grading
- Putting on an episode of Big Bang Theory so that I can stay awake long enough to eat and then falling asleep on the couch in a weird position in the second half of the episode, causing me to wake up disoriented and sore an hour or so later
- Grading some more
- Daydreaming about all the things I will get accomplished when I am down to just one job for the summer
- Making lists so that I don’t forget all the things I want to accomplish when I am down to just one job for the summer
- Adding things like “eat snow cones” and “give myself a weekly pedicure” to the lists, because priorities
- More grading
- Frozen pizza, sandwiches, and cereal
- Daydreaming about the food I’m going to make when I have time for more than frozen pizza, sandwiches, and cereal
- Thinking, “Surely I am almost finished with grading…oh…nope,” followed by having a sad moment.
My book bag runneth over.
Another thing I’m doing is taking a two-week break from the Invitation Series. It will return on May 19.
Ah, May 19. What a glorious day that will be. Sun shining, birds chirping, no classes. I’m so ready for the break.