Fifty Questions Meme, stolen from Noel:
1. Do you like blue cheese?
GROSS. I mean…no, thank you.
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette?
3. Do you own a gun?
4. What flavour do you add to your drink at Sonic?
Vanilla to Coke (it tastes like a Coke float, but without all the subsequent cramping from my lactose intolerance), or cherry and vanilla to Diet Dr. Pepper (i.e., crack)
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Sometimes. Usually, I’m nervous about the thing that drove me to the doctor in the first place (the ailment, not my car – just to be clear), but not the doctor visit itself. I’m super nervous about the dentist, though. Every time. HATE.
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
My official answer is that they are a gross, disgusting food. My actual answer? While I fully admit that a hot dog is a gross food, and I do not want to talk about what’s in one, I will enjoy that bad boy on occasion. Sausage usually weirds me out, with its gristle. But hot dogs? Okay!
7. Favourite Christmas Song?
Hark the Herald Angels Sing
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Coffee. But let’s not limit it to mornings.
9. Can you do push ups?
I can do one. Then I have to go lie down for an hour. And maybe have a glass of wine.
10. What’s your favourite meal?
Antipasti. Give me a nice loaf of bread, some goat cheese, some prosciutto, a simple bean salad or slightly wilted greens, maybe some hummus or baba ganoush (sp?), a nice bottle of wine (or four), and some friends to share it with, and I could eat that meal for every meal for the rest of my life.
11. What’s your favourite piece of jewellery?
I don’t wear it often, but I really love the necklace my sister gave me a couple of years ago.
12. Favourite hobby?
13. Do you work with people who idolise you?
I wouldn’t say I’m their IDOL. Maybe a cool big sister (or an aunt. Wow, I’m old). They like me well enough. They help me out a lot, and I reward them with snacks. It’s a symbiosis.
14. Do you have A.D.D?
15. What’s one trait that you dislike about yourself?
I am easily annoyed, especially around lots of people. It makes it hard to enjoy parties without medication. And by medication, I do mean tequila.
16. Middle name?
17. Name 3 thoughts at this moment.
1. Of all the TVs in all the world, you had to watch soap operas on the one in my lobby.
2. Is it Friday yet?
3. “Baby arugula in the deep blue sea…” All. Day. Long.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday:
1. Lunch (salad with fried chicken. And sweet tea. I know. Shut up.)
2. Coffee at the NCTC coffee cart
3. Yoga shorts (VS, I wish I could quit you)
20. Current worry right now?
That my gastrointestinal issues might be more than lactose intolerance. Right now, WebMD has me convinced that I clearly have stomach cancer.
21. Current hate right now?
This book I’m reading – “A Queer Thing Happened to America.” It’s part of my “read things written by people with whom you disagree” goal. What a terrible idea that was. I mean, it’s not a terrible idea. It’s a good idea. But it’s like arguing constantly. Alone. Which just makes me sound crazy.
22. Favourite place to be?
On a beach with nothing to do but read
23. How did you bring in New Years?
I…have no idea. That’s going to bug me all day.
24. Where would you like to go?
Overall, I would like to visit everywhere in Europe and South America. I am also mapping out several road trips (one heading east, one heading west).
25. Name three people who will complete this?
No. I’m too tired. Also, three people might not even read this.
26. Whose answer do you want to read the most?
If you do it, I will read it. Today is just that slow. I mean, I am totally interested.
27. What colour shirt are you wearing?
Easter egg blue
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
No. Too slippery. I have a funny/sad story about that. Suffice it to say, the punch line is this – I rolled over to change sides and kept on going…right onto the floor.
29. Can you whistle?
Sort of. I think my whistle is more annoying than most. Maybe because it’s just closer to me, so it seems more annoying to me.
30. Favourite colour(s)?
Orange. And red. And green (to wear…also, go UNT!). And yellow (but not to wear, because it makes me look dead)
31. Would you be a pirate?
Only if Johnny Depp agrees to come along.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Mostly jazz standards. You’re welcome, neighbors.
33. Favourite girl’s name?
34. Favourite boy’s name?
No real favorites. I have never met a Sam I didn’t like, so I’m fond of that one. I also like Nick (although I have met a few Nicks that acted like the thing their name rhymes with). If I ever lose my mind and decide to have children (or, more likely, lose my birth control and have one accidentally), and the child doesn’t have the good sense to turn out to be a girl named Georgia, but rather a boy, I would probably name him Simon or Marvin or something slightly nerdy, because I love names like that.
35. What’s in your pocket right now?
No pockets, so nothing.
36. Last thing that made you laugh?
The trip down memory lane that is The Llama Song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbPDKHXWlLQ You’re welcome, everyone.
37. Best bed sheets as a child?
Holly Hobby. I loved her. I told her so every night before I went to sleep. This was an early sign. I think my parents kept hoping I’d grow out of treating fictional characters as if they’re real. Nope. Hey, Mom and Dad – at least I have a job.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had?
Knee injury when I fell crossing the street. I maintain that the street was uneven; my friend Hunter maintains that it was my beer-induced equilibrium (or lack thereof) that was uneven. Either way, I had to drop out of what was to be my glorious return to running races and wear a huge brace for six months. But at least I didn’t have to have surgery.
39. Do you love where you live?
Sort of. I love Denton. I don’t love the weather. But I love the town. I don’t so much love living in an apartment, but I am saving up to put a down payment on a house in a few years.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house?
41. Who is your loudest friend?
Michelle. She is in graduate school in China and comes back for a couple of months every year to visit. She has this ridiculous, awesome laugh.
42. How many dogs do you have?
None. I really enjoy dogs, though. In other people’s houses.
43. Does someone have a crush on you?
If they do, they’re awfully secretive about it, which is useless to me.
45. What is your favourite book?
I always say Why Girls are Weird is my favorite. It’s the one I perform the most when I’m tipsy enough to believe that everyone present *NEEDS* to hear me read aloud to them. But I have so many favorites, I can’t really choose.
46. What is your favourite candy?
47. What is your favourite sports team?
Something hockey. Dallas, I guess. I’m clearly a big fan. Or the Olympic swim team. Because…well, do I really have to explain?
48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
‘Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus and Ding, Dong, the Witch is Dead – back to back.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night?
Trying to sleep